Monday, January 19, 2009

damages

Time passed by and it's a whole new year now. I left Austin and my life behind in 2008, hoping it would work out. Los Angeles with family new job and new friend was great, but something was missing. So, I packed what I had left and drove the 1400 miles back to Austin.

In between then and now I lost friends to lies, jealousy and distance; I lost money to stupid decisions; I lost what I wanted to impatience and inability to say what had to be said; I lost myself in missing the person who made me the happiest; I lost some pounds too ... But I also found my old friends and me going stronger than ever; I found my old job being just as awesomely boring as it always was; I found my favourite places where I left them; I found Austin night life being just as crazy soothing; I found myself slowly re-building the life I had here ...

There are people who I miss from my part 1 life here. Some of them are missed on crazy party nights, others on coffee Sundays or wine Thursdays, others just flat out every single day for absolutely no apparent reason. I've made mistakes, but it takes two to break a friendship. So does fixing one or letting go ...

I didn't make any resolutions for 2009. I just want to be with the right people at the right times and in all the right places. I also want a pony, a boat and a beach house. Good luck to all those of you who made resolutions and all of those who are gonna live through 2009 without rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment