Frame by frame replay of the dance floor. Flashing lights capture a new memory, permanent as a tattoo, burning my skin with the gentle touch of a needle full of music. A heavy beat vibrates in my bones, as I close my eyes, and let my body take control of the crowded dance floor.
All my 5 senses burning in search for an unattainable escape. I never fully understood the power that my emotions hold over me. It was always a mystery in time; an ambush in an unknown place; a choke hold placed on my mind with the cold hands of my insecurity. I would spend hours twisting my own reality and justifying my opponent's mistakes. And I say opponent becuase it's the first thing that comes to mind once you step outside of the box. Looking from the outside, through the bullet-proof glass, you see two people playing the game of life, the game of risk, the game of control. One brilliant strategy after another, one step or two, one final move, check-mate... Call damage control.
Like a ship in the open sea, with the wind in my favor, but no sails to take direction. Pointless. Headed for destination Nowhere. This is when I go for everything I never dared to do, everything I always thought was dangerous, what I always thought might kill me.
4am drive home. The road gets lost in the fog of a humid night, as my mind is still mesmerized by your smiling eyes, and my lips are still infatuated with yours. Long forgotten fear of a non-existent tomorrow; oh sweet weakness...
No comments:
Post a Comment