Thursday, November 19, 2009

ghost


Wednesday, November 18, 2009
10:52 PM

Your ghost has taken residence in my bed I never wanted you to be in. My heart is rushing to my throat, my hands are colder than ice, my mind is choking on our memories. You walked out of a building, and we enjoyed a cigarette. Smoke… Tricky thing that smoke is; vanishes into thin air while somehow tying two lives together. Once the love was gone and the heart was shattered, you became a ghost and disappeared into a night along with the smoke of a lonely cigarette. I reminisce the sparks of joy in our eyes when we were ready to rock this town; countless cigarette butts hiding the floor of that balcony covered in laughs and tears; the silly smile on your face when your tired self fell asleep in my arms. For some unknown reason, tonight your ghost is cuddling up to me, and I want it to go away. Wine and cigarettes, good old friends, never betray me. And now you are gone again...

No comments:

Post a Comment