Monday, August 17, 2009

another summer



Monday, August 17, 2009
6:43 PM

I'm sitting on the balcony and listening to the Weather Channel claiming all the way from the living room that the high temperature for today is 94F. The thermometer next to me is melting in disagreement while showing 105F. The tree across the street are barely moving; so am I. My thoughts are slowly flowing through my head and disappear into the thick humid air as smoke rings. As a result of such intense mind process and, possibly in association with a 30-minute chain-smoking streak, I feel lightheaded. My Canon Rebel Xs is laying next to me, staring at me in disappointment. It's just something about the summers filled with memories of unfinished trips and untold stories that keeps my mind blocked. Another summer is ending, and I don't have any photographs to add to my portfolio, but the freckles on my nose.

1 comment:

  1. I hope inspiration strikes and this slump breaks for you. Artist slumps can kill a soul faster than a desk job.

    ReplyDelete