Friday, August 28, 2009

diet coke and silence


Friday, August 28, 2009

8:11 PM


It's passed 8pm on a late summer evening, and the room is slowly submerging into the darkness of a hot Austin night. The TV is flickering in front of me, muted. The ice cubes are melting in my glass of diet coke that is sitting on the coffee table within the reach of my hand. My dreams are melting with the ice. It's dead silent. The cars stopped coming in and out of the apartment complex next door. Life stopped this morning while I was typing my feelings away, pointlessly.


You won't understand.


I'm not going to tell you your life is easy. I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'm not going to tell you how much I care. Instead, I will chain myself to my cigarettes and the left-overs of my dreams. Instead, I will just move on and start over on my own, again. Instead, I'll sit here on this couch and miss you in this dead silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment